Every Monday and Thursday I tackle topics of interest to women over 50, ranging from belly fat, weight loss, nutrition, fitness, motivation and more.
I wrap it all up in a humorous package to make it easy to digest. In the process I also give you a glimpse into the struggles of my own life – the good, the bad and the ugly.
I promise you will always walk away with real, actionable advice you can use.
In a rush to get all the latest and greatest? I also send out each post in the form of a newsletter in which you can subscribe.
Sign up below on the pink bar to get my Thursday newsletter. If you need more motivation or go to my WORK WITH ME page to receive my Monday Motivation newsletter.
If you’re looking for info on a particular topic, select a category or use the SEARCH box below.
Want more great tips? Sign up for my (free) weekly newsletter!
Search for your favorite topic
To many people, fun and exercise go together like porcupines and balloons. In other words: they don’t. If I went outside right now and did a “woman on the street” interview with non-exercising passersby, and asked them for the first word that comes to mind when they...read more
I like to consider myself an optimist, even after going through a lot of seriously unfun crappola in my life. I’ve talked about much of it here: an eating disorder, abusive relationship, panic attacks so bad I was practically housebound, and a host of other...read more
My diet is far from perfect. In fact, I have no idea what qualifies as perfect. Like eyebrows, what seems "perfect" by some standards can be downright scary to someone else. From what I’ve heard, most people assume fitness experts shun all sugar, carbs, french...read more
After 58 years of life experience, 99% of the time I’m in public I am not intimidated by other people. The remaining 1%, however, is enough to convince me I'll never be a normally functioning human being. Case in point: yesterday. I started going to a new nail salon...read more
Ever have one of those weeks when your thoughts swirl around and around your head with such great velocity they form an F-5 tornado that leaves a debris field of trailers, cows and 2x4s within a two mile radius? Or maybe that’s just me. Regardless. It’s definitely...read more
I spent many years hating my body. It all began in my late teens. At that time a certain modeling school was all the rage. I won’t name names but let’s call it Carbizon. I decided to become a world famous model and marry a rockstar. Enrolling in this school would be...read more
I am on a constant search for the truth. Not in a distant mountaintop, guru worshipping, Eat, Pray Love kind of way, just a quest for what lies beneath the things we hear about and accept as real. I'm convinced most of what I read online is 99% BS. And I think that’s...read more
It’s been about two months since we moved to our new digs. Within that time, one of the cats figured out how to open all the lever-handled doors, I’m finally able to use the electric stove without burning every meal to a crisp, and I’m settled down at my new gym. ...read more
It’s been years since I’ve stepped foot in a Target. I had to stop, because as soon as I made it past the freshly made popcorn, something in my brain clicked. Rationality checked out, and bargain-hunting retail zombie took over. I became a shopper possessed. It was...read more