Lose Weight

7 Fat-Burning Walking Workouts (plus survey results!)

A couple months ago I sent out a survey asking a bunch of nosy questions.  It was all with the best of intentions. The goal was to find out what you and other Ageless After 50 women find most challenging in regards to weight loss and getting in shape. First of all, if you were…

Read More

4 Dietary mistakes you don’t know you’re making

As you probably know by now, mainly because I’ve brought it up enough times, I once worked as a restaurant pastry chef and owned a bakery. I prided myself on decorating a basketweave wedding cake within 45 minutes and making cream puff batter from scratch. I often feel my current occupation is karma’s way of helping…

Read More

5 Real deal, science-based, fat burners

Sometimes I worry I’ll run out of things to blog about. Then I remember my life is a string of non-stop, ridiculous events… and I relax. Take last week, for example.      I was brushing my teeth, getting ready for bed. I could hear my husband rummaging through the freezer in the kitchen. Part…

Read More

3 “harmless” diet beliefs that sabotage weight loss

Recently someone accused me of being long winded. She said (and I’m paraphrasing here) that my yammering on about silly stuff on my blog took so long to get through that she couldn’t make it to my tips and bailed before reading down that far.    I can’t totally blame her. I realize my idea…

Read More

3 Cardio myths that make you fat

Many moons ago, long before the existence of the Internet, no one thought much about cardio. We were too busy fetching water down by the stream, hunting down our next meal and worrying about whether the pony express would deliver the Sears catalogue in time for the holiday rush. (I realize I mixed several different…

Read More

Top 10 Ageless After 50 posts of 2016

It’s hard to believe it’s the end of another year. And, from what I can gather, most people would rather forget 2016 ever happened.    In fact, people who write about history could leave it out of any future textbooks and no one would complain. Let’s just close the lid, nail it shut, dust off…

Read More

3 Steps to create an effective weight loss strategy

Ask people about their goals for the New Year and 99% will answer, “lose weight!” “get in shape!” or “be happy!” The remaining 1% are still too hungover to answer. Studies show we’re more likely to find motivation when we have a clean slate in front of us: a new home, new relationship, new job…

Read More

3 Non-negotiable keys to weight loss success (plus a bonus tip!)

I’ve never been a big negotiator, even at yard sales and swap meets where you’re expected to haggle. It makes me uncomfortable.  I’m sure this weirdness can be traced back to some childhood issue. It was probably over trying to negotiate with my mom to switch from Cheerios to Captain Crunch, debating the age I…

Read More

33 ways to burn off Thanksgiving dinner

As much as we kvetch about trying to lose weight, Thanksgiving is the one day you can brag about how much you ate and receive accolades and admiration for a job well done. This does not work any other day.   Coming into work with your pants unbuttoned and telling coworkers, “OMG, I ate so…

Read More

 7 fitness & weight loss hacks no one tells you

I am a huge fan of scary movies — not gratuitously violent films like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre – but more of the Jurassic Park, Cloverfield and, more recently, the Lights Out, variety (if you haven’t seen it, and can afford to skip a night of sleep, it’s a “must see”).    It makes no…

Read More

Join the 7-Day Ageless Body Challenge!

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.

Download my free eBook
10 Ways to Blast Belly Fat After 50

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.

Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.