Two words are guaranteed to get more attention than almost anything else I write about: walking and abs.
Every time I check my website analytics, send out a survey, or otherwise take the pulse of my readers, three things pop up:
- Ab Workouts come out on top
- Walking is a close second place
- No one wants to give up wine. Or ice cream.
So… leaving wine and ice cream for another day…
I wanted to talk about an ab and core exercise that will challenge even the most diehard core and ab fans – and I’ve also included a modified version to help you work up to the tougher original.
I started doing these guys at home since we all started living in underground bunkers a few months ago.
No equipment needed, just two washcloths and an uncarpeted floor. And true grit.
Or if you want to get fancy you can do as I did and splurge on Amazon for ones you can use on carpeting or hardwood floors HERE.
Warning: This is a toughie. And if you have back pain do NOT do it.
Or if you have not regularly performed any other core exercises such as planks, you’ll need to work your way up to this.
Otherwise, have at it…
Called Mountain Climbers, you’re basically “running” in place while keeping your core engaged.
- Start in a push-up position with the discs/washcloths under each foot
- Bring one knee up towards your chest and then alternate switching feet in a running motion, all the while keeping your abs tight.
- Do as many as you can. Rest 60 seconds and repeat for 2 to 3 sets.
You’ll need not only a solid core but a strong upper body as well.
But you CAN do this! Go slowly, ease into it with this modified version if you need to work up to it.
Here’s a modified version and verbal instruction on my YouTube channel:
And here are a few other posts you may like:
That’s it! Try it and let me know how you did by leaving a comment below…
Your Ageless Body Coach,